Other Drug and Alcohol Treatment Articles
- Types of Treatment Centers
- The Right Treatments by Age, Gender, or Otherwise
- Process for Addiction Rehabilitation
- Spiritual and Religious Rehab
- The Cost for Drug Treatment
- Free Alcohol and Drug Treatment Costs
- Insurance and the Cost of Alcohol and Drug Treatment
- Paying for Alcohol and Drug Rehab with no Insurance
- Finding Affordable Drug Treatment
- Insurance Benefits for Substance Abuse
- Aetna Rehab Coverage
- TRICARE Rehab Coverage
- Medicare Addiction Coverage
- Medicaid Addiction Coverage
- HMO Insurance and Alcohol Drug Rehab Costs
- PPO Insurance and Drug Rehab Costs
- UnitedHealth Group Rehab Coverage
- Private Insurance and Rehab for Alcohol or Drug Addiction
Paying for Alcohol and Drug Rehab with no Insurance
If you are one of the lucky individuals with full health insurance, there is a strong chance that you will not have to pay for the entire cost of alcohol and drug treatment out of your own pocket. More and more major insurance carriers are including rehab as a part of their standard coverage plans – thus easing the burden on families at a time when their finances are likely to be in disarray.
But what if you need addiction treatment badly but have no insurance? Are there any options for you? What makes this time so especially precarious for family finances? Consider the following information before pursuing admission in a rehab facility without insurance coverage.
Why Addicted Individuals are at Risk Without Insurance
Drug addiction and alcoholism can take a heavy toll on the family finances. In the case of drug addiction, many individuals have been known to loot their entire savings in order to fund their habit. Alcoholics fare little better. Although booze is cheap and plentiful in the United States, alcoholism can cause individuals to lose their job or skip out on their financial responsibilities – leaving the family in a most unsecure place. Without insurance to pay for treatment, many families will watch their loved one tumble deeper and deeper into the addiction cycle.
Paying for Addiction Treatment with no Insurance
Due to the current economic climate, many drug and alcohol rehab facilities have developed methods for helping families cope with the cost of addiction treatment. In particular, many now offer generous financing options that work with major lenders to help spread out payment over an extended period of time. Financing for rehab helps individuals who are going through tough financial times as well as those who currently have no insurance coverage.
Need-based Drug Rehab Help for those without Insurance
Some drug rehab centers may treat payment like financial aid at a college or university. These generous facilities will evaluate the financial standing of an individual and then, potentially, alter the cost of treatment accordingly. If an addict is currently living without health insurance, chances are they would be in a position to qualify for programs such as this.
Drug Treatment Professionals: Contact us to Contribute Expert Articles!
Find out what patients and others are saying...
Facilities and Services:
- Alcohol and Drug Screening
- Abuse Counseling Centers
- Detox Centers
- Extended Care Rehab
- Recovery Programs
- Sober Living Homes
- Alcohol and Drug Rehabs
- Browse All Treatment Options