Other Resources Articles
Alcohol Helpline Overview
Once you've made up your mind to finally pick up the phone and call a hotline for alcohol addiction help and counseling, be assured that at the other end of the line will be a friendly, understanding, and supportive voice that will guide you towards rehabilitation, as well as explain to you the types of addiction treatment that they offer.
Call 1-866-643-6144 Now to begin the process of change.
Our free, 24 hour a day, 7 days per week drug helpline is here to assist you.
Before Calling an Alcohol Help Line
Preparing any of the following information will be absolutely helpful:
- If you’re calling about a loved one, get as much information as you can on how long the alcohol addiction has been going on, dosages/amounts, frequency or if there are any other substances being abused.
- It will also be very useful to have details on the addict's mental state or whether they are suffering from any behavioral disorders or other co-occurring disorders
- Have your insurance information ready, if you do have insurance, or at least have an idea what type of insurance it is, whether it’s PPO or HMO, for instance.
- If there is no insurance, or if your insurance will not cover the entire recovery cost, be ready to discuss finances or if you have money available for the treatment.
For the Best Results You Should:
- Be prepared to be honest about the extent of alcohol abuse, the problems it is causing, and how serious you or the addict are about getting help.
- Be open and upfront about what your treatment goals are and ask questions until you understand the process and have enough information to make a good decision.
Getting Help for Alcohol Addiction
Ready to pick up the phone? Put an end to the havoc being wreaked by alcohol abuse and start gaining control now.
Call 1-866-643-6144 Today!
State and Local Alcohol Telephone Counseling Resources
National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence, Inc.
244 East 58th Street, 4th Floor, New York, NY 10022
phone: 212/269-7797 fax: 212/269-7510
email: firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.ncadd.org
HOPE LINE: 800/NCA-CALL (24-hour Affiliate referral)
A FREE HELPLINE
5000 Birch St., West Tower, Ste 3000
Newport Beach, CA 92660
1-800-Workplace, 1-800-967-5752, or HELPLINE@SAMHSA.HHS.GOV
Famous People & Celebrities that Have Faced Alcohol Addiction Problems
- Nick Nolte
- Mel Gibson
- Alex Trebek
- John Daly
- Stephen King
- David Hasselhoff
- Lindsay Lohan
- Lily Allen
- Drew Barrymore
- Mary Tyler Moore
Other Resources Related to Alcohol on TheGoodDrugsGuide:
Alcohol Addiction Symptoms
Drug Treatment Professionals: Contact us to Contribute Expert Articles!
Find out what patients and others are saying...
Facilities and Services:
- Alcohol and Drug Screening
- Abuse Counseling Centers
- Detox Centers
- Extended Care Rehab
- Recovery Programs
- Sober Living Homes
- Alcohol and Drug Rehabs
- Browse All Treatment Options
Drug Forum Discussions
- can alcoholics drink anti depressants
I don't recommend it to them. Because alcohol is not good for health and mo
- Alcoholism or alcohol abuse
Alcohol becomes a part of our life style and in cold countries it is very n