Private Insurance and Rehab for Alcohol or Drug Addiction
Private Insurance may cost the individual a little more money, but it provides a host of addiction healthcare options that those with public government-backed insurance plans may not enjoy. This flexibility comes into play when a family has seen their lives thrown into turmoil as a result of drug addiction or alcoholism. Aetna and UnitedHealth are both companies that offer private insurance to individuals. However, military personnel and retirees are covered through TRICARE and should contact their provider for explanation of addiction rehab benefits.
What is Private Insurance?
Private insurance is any health insurance package that is paid for by the individual or her employer, and is not funded by the United States government or any of its offices.
What are the Addiction Treatment Benefits of Private Client Insurance?
As you would imagine, there are a number of treatment benefits for those who have private insurance. The most prominent of these benefits are:
- More choices. The chances of the drug and alcohol rehab center you want to attend being covered under insurance are much greater if you are in the possession of a private plan.
- Cost. Private insurance plans may pay a greater percentage of the cost of treatment. This depends on the individual’s deductible, but as a general rule, there will be fewer out-of-pocket expenses for those with private insurance.
Drug and Alcohol Rehab Options for those with Private Insurance Coverage
As mentioned above, those with a private insurance plan have more treatment options that those with a public plan. Some of the most common forms of addiction treatment covered under these plans are:
- Residential alcohol and drug rehab. These programs take the individual out of a harmful environment and into an extended stay at a facility devoted totally to their recovery.
- Luxury drug and alcohol rehab. A form of residential treatment in which the individuals enjoy five-star amenities to go along with their counseling and detox. Amenities at these luxury addiction treatment centers may include: private rooms, fine cuisine, personal trainers and other comforts.
- Holistic addiction treatment programs. These holistic drug rehab programs offer traditional Eastern practices to go along with traditional treatment styles. Holistic care can include: yoga, acupuncture and meditation.
Understanding Your Addiction and your Private Insurance Policy
Before you enroll in any alcohol or drug treatment program, it is very important to know whether or not treatment is covered under your current plan. You would not want to prepare for treatment at a certain facility only to find that you are on the hook for the entire cost of services.